Last Reviewed : 10/10/2019
Lilyford Environmental Mission
Lilyford recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond the statutory legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact as an integral part of our business strategy. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
Lilyford is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented. All employees have a responsibility to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met as well.
Our Policy Aims
- Comply with and exceed where possible relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impact(s).
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training around environmental issues.
- We involve staff in the implementation of this policy, in order to secure greater commitment and improved performance.
- Our staff and other stakeholders are given training so they understand this policy, and its implications for how we do business.
- Suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors are reviewed on their environmental performance.
- Local labour and materials are used to reduce CO2 and help the community.
- We strive to operate a paperless office to reduce paper wastage.
- We reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- We assess the environmental impact of any new products we purchase.
- We favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products.
- We seek to reduce the amount of energy used.
- Lights and electrical equipment are switched off when not in use.
- Heating is monitored for energy consumption.
- We aspire to build highly efficient environmentally friendly new homes.
- We re-assess our build methods regularly to ensure we are going above regulatory requirements.
- Our homes are built with a highly efficient thermal envelope to reduce energy waste.
- We reduce the need to travel, and ask our trades to van share.
- We only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
- We order materials in bulk deliveries of exactly what we need to reduce waste.
- Each property is built with the goal of having a lasting low impact on the planet.
- Our homes are highly efficient and minimise energy wastage.
- Noise emissions are reduced by adhering to strict scientific acoustic guidelines and sound proofing.
- Internal equipment and appliances are chosen for their high energy efficiency ratings (A*** whenever possible).
- Hot water and heating systems are highly energy efficient.